paisley

Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Can you hear me now?"

Aye-yai-yai!! Ever tried to carry on a phone conversation with toddlers? I tried talking to my mom this morning while my kids had a "who can laugh the loudest contest"! This should've been cute, right? Well, it was one of those fake-pushed out laughs. I'm glad they were playing... so I didn't want to "put them in trouble", so I asked them to hush it down a bit as I ran from room to room so my mom could hear me and visa versa. They followed me. "Can you hear me now?", I said.... no response.... we were disconnected. Uggggh! So I called her back. This time the boys game turned into an arguement... a loud one. Again, "Mom can you hear me?". Guess what, I somehow hung up on her again. Just not meant to be I guess. On to mommy duty.... I know this is only a season. Therefore, I enjoy the season while it's here. They grow up way too fast.

Random note:  Thank God for friends (and my mom and sisters)! It's hard to have "big people" conversations with munchkins around. The little time I do have with my friends, I enjoy. I think they think I talk to much though! LOL!

Another random note:  After spending most of the week with just me and my boys (hubs was gone for work) I spent some much needed mommy time at one of my favorite places, Hobby Lobby! I picked up some supplies for my latest artsy projects! I got started on one last night and the ideas just kept coming!! I'm so excited! I'll take some pics and post later.

****So, my 3 year old just came down for the 1,456th time (he's supposed to be napping/watching movie) so once again mommy duty calls. I'll try to take pics as I get further into my project and post.

Love b'ing mommy.
E.

2 comments:

  1. ...Just realized I said that I'd post pics of my project twice. LOL! Guess I'm trying to convince myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava is 5 1/2 and she still likes to talk or be "loud" when I get on the phone. She can be playing quietly in by herself, but as soon as I pick up the phone she is chatty Cathy! lol Surprised I've never seen you in Hobby Lobby. I am in there all the time. But usually in the scrapbook area. I spend way too much money in there! lol

    ReplyDelete